Answer the questions on your own paper using complete sentences.
Page 123 - Compare and Contrast
1. What is the difference between an anthropologist and and archaeologist?
2. What are the similarities between an anthropologist and and archaeologist?
3. What is the difference between a fossil and an artifact?
4. What is the similarity between a fossil and an artifact?
Page 124 - Why does it make sense that...
5. Why does it make sense that the Stone Age is called the Stone Age?
Page 125 - Visualization
Read the first paragraph starting with this sentence: “Try to imagine the world during the Stone Age, long before any roadways, farms, or villages existed.”
6. What do you see, hear, smell, taste, feel?
7. Why does it make sense that men and women had different tasks?
8. Why does it make sense that the discovery of how to tame firs was life-changing?
9. Why do you think early people chose stones to make their first tools?
10. Why does it make sense that Mesolithic people remained nomadic?
11. What were two negative effects of farming, and two positive effects of farming?
12. According to the map, which crops were grown in North America? Which crops were grown in Europe?
13. What effect did farming have on where people lived?
14. Why was having a food surplus a good thing?
15. Why do you think tools and weapons made out of metals were better than tools and weapons made out of stone?