Directions: Use the clues below to indentify the person. Use the Internet to find the information. You may just write the name of the person for your answer.
1. Feminist and Suffragist born on January 11, 1885. She worked to get women the right to vote.
2. Inventor of the light bulb and many other things.
3. He invented a process in which liquids such as milk were heated to kill all bacteria and moulds already present within them. This process was soon afterwards known as pasteurization.
4. His famous quote was “Go west young man.”
5. He wrote a famous book called Up From Slavery.
6. Inventor of the telephone.
7. Railroad owner and started Stanford University.
8. He began Standard Oil Company.
9. American industrialist, businessman, and entrepreneur who led the enormous expansion of the American steel industry in the late 19th century. He was also one of the most important philanthropists of his era..
10. He fought for worker’s rights and was the first president of the American Federation of Labor.
11. Began Hull House and worked for the working poor.
12. Bicycle mechanic brothers who learned a few things about flight.
13. He was an American author and humorist. He is most noted for his novels, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876), and its sequel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
14. He built Tuskegee Institute into a major place of learning for African-Americans.
15. He was the creator of the "Tin Lizzy."
16. He invented the phonograph.
17. This was the only color the Model T came in.
18. This was how much the Model T cost.
19. This is where the first flight took place.
20. This amendment gave women the right to vote.
21. Inventor of the telegraph
22. Inventor of the radio
23. Inventor of the televison
24. Inventor of the personal computer
25. Inventor of the Internet
26. Founder of McDonald's Hamburgers
27. First credit card used in the United States
28. Best selling music artist of all time
29. First movie ever made
30. Most popular website on the Internet
Look up the inventions of five things you always wondered about and write the name of the invention and the inventor.