American Revolution CyberHunt
Directions: Click on the links to find the answers to the questions. Write your answers using complete sentences on your own paper.
Proclamation of 1763
1. What did the Proclamation of 1763 prohibit?
2. Why was the law put into effect?
3. What did the Sugar Act tax?
4. Why did the colonists dislike the tax?
Stamp Act and Quartering Act
5. Why was the Stamp Act created?
6. What did the Stamp Act tax?
7. What principle did the colonists say this tax violated?
8. Why was the Stamp Act repealed? (Repealed means to abolish or cancel)
9. What did the Quartering Act require the colonists do?
10. How do you think you would have reacted to the Quartering Act?
Taxation without Representation
11. Why did the colonists complain, "No taxation without representation?"
The Boston Massacre
12. How many men died during the Boston Massacre?
13. How did the battle begin?
14. What caused the soldiers to fire their guns?
Boston Massacre Image
15. View the image. This image was created by silversmith Paul Revere. What do you think the point of the image was?
16. How did the people of Boston respond to the tax on tea?
17. What did this event become know as?
The Intolerable Acts
18. What was the reason the Intolerable Acts were put into place?
19. What did the Intolerable Acts do?
20. How did the colonists respond?
21. Who wrote Common Sense?
22. What did it encourage colonists do?
23. Why did General Gage send the British troops to Concord?
24. Who warned the colonists that the Red Coats were coming?
The Declaration of Independence
25. Who wrote The Declaration of Independence?
26. What was The Declaration of Independence about?
27. When was it adopted?
28. Where was it signed?
29. Why was it written?
30. Who were the Loyalists?
31. Why do you think many of them went to Canada during the war?
32. Who was asked to command the Continental Army?
33. What problems existed at Valley Forge?
Battle of Saratoga
34. Why is the Battle of Saratoga considered the turning point of the war?
35. What happened at Yorktown?
36. What did the Treaty of Paris do?
Back to Mr. Kash's History Page