Why do we have rules and laws?
This classroom in the picture above has no rules.
There is no one in authority. There is no one with the right to tell others
what to do. Using complete sentences,
answer the following questions.
* What problems do you see?
* What rights are being taken away?
This picture above shows how one person
with authority tried to solve some of the problems you identified.
* List the solutions you see in the picture?
* What have the students gained?
* What have the students lost?
* Why are there rules in schools?
* Why do we have laws?
* Why do we punish people who break the law?
* List as many laws as you can think of.