• Write you state report on your own paper.
to be included
- State name
- State Capital
- Governor of State
- State bird
- State motto
- State nickname
- State flower
- State tree
- U.S. Senators- there are two per state
- Major cities - list five cities
- Population of the state
- Sports - list the major professional and college sports teams
- Schools/Colleges - list up to five important schools
- Tourist attractions - list five
- Famous people from the state - list 5 and why they are famous
- History of the state (This should be at least one page long and must be written in your own words. Start with when the state joined the United States.)
- Map of the state - You draw, label, and color which includes the capital city, the other major cities, mountains, rivers and lakes.
- Flag of the state you draw and color - Also include what the symbols on the flag represent
The following websites will help you find the information you need.