Tighter British Control
Questions pages 159-162
Answer the questions on your own paper using complete sentences.
- Why did the American colonists feel like their freedom was being limited after the French and Indian War?
- What did the Proclamation of 1763 do?
- Why did the Proclamation of 1763 anger the colonists?
- Who was the King of England at the time?
- What did the Quartering Act do?
- Why did Britain need more revenue?
- What did the Sugar Act do?
- What did James Otis claim Parliament had no right to do?
- What did Otis say?
- What did the Stamp Act do?
- Why was the Stamp Act different than other taxes that had been imposed on the colonies?
- What did colonial leaders believe the issue over taxes was about?
- What did colonial assemblies and newspapers say?
- What was the purpose of the Stamp Act Congress?
- What is a boycott?
- Why did colonists boycott British goods?
- What was the most famous protest organization?
- How did the Sons of Liberty respond to the Stamp Act?
- What happened to the Stamp Act in 1766?
- What did the Declaratory Act say?