Questions pages 293-297
Answer the questions in your on your own paper using complete sentences.
1. Who became
the first Vice President? Why?
2. What name was finally agreed upon to call Washington?
3. What did the Federal Judiciary Act do?
4. Who did Washington appoint to be the first chief justice?
5. What are the people who advise the president called?
6. Who did Washington select to be the first Secretary of War? What was his job?
7. Who did Washington select to be the first Secretary of State?
8. What did the State Department oversee?
9. Who did Washington select to be the first Secretary of the Treasury? What was his job?
10. Who did Washington pick to be the first Attorney General? What was his job?
11. Why was the United States in debt? (They owed money)
12. Why did Hamilton believe the United States should pay their debts?
13. What were Hamilton’s views on government?
14. What is the purpose of tariffs?
15. Why did Hamilton want to create a national bank?
16. How did banks make money? (Look at the chart).
17. What two men were against the national bank? Why?
18. What do strict constructionists believe?
19. What do loose constructionists believe?
20. Who did Washington agree with?